February 16, 2016
From the first 25 years of service, building on the Southern Sustainable Agriculture Movement, to the next 100 years in which we will mature and reshape the entire South under leadership of folks like Kavita and Nikki, who are eager and ready to take on that Leadership.
–Steve Muntz, Executive Director Southern SAWG
- SMHA’s Sr. Helen Vinton co-founded Southern Sustainable Agriculture Working Group in 1991
- Sr. Helen was awarded the SoSAWG leadership founders award in recognition for her wisdom and tireless determination as a leader, mentor, and friend in 2007.
- The 25th Annual SAWG conference was held in Lexington, Kentucky in January of 2016 and is the single largest gathering of nearly 1,400 people from 13 states and territories.
- The Taste of Kentucky Banquet, a special dinner using 25 ingredients sustainable farmers from Kentucky provided, included a digital 25 year timeline created with input from members, including SMHA and a special video message from Helen!
- Learn more about Southern SAWG by visiting the website at SSAWG